Battle of the specs

*EDIT: I'll be updating the data on this post whenever any big changes happen.*

Hello hello.Welcome to my second post, in this post I will talk about the current status of hunter specs.So here are the specs in order of highest dps to lowest according to data I found at
WowMeterOnline.com

*this data is from 25m festergut, the reason for using festergut is because it is the best dps gauging fight in ICC*

1. Marksman at 13,384
2. Survival at 11,835
3. Beast Mastery at 10,896

Now one important thing that we do have to remember here, is that these numbers are the highest recorded dps of that spec, and that the people behind the numbers are some of the best of the best, and that just because we know that Marks has that highest potential dps, it doesn't mean that it's the highest dps for all hunters.

Now for an example: lets say that Billy is a newer hunter.Billy knows a fair bit about hunters, has been 80 for a while and raids as Survival. But now billy, who has joined a casual raiding guild and wants to start min-maxing, so billy decides to go Marks, but billy sees a dps decrease when he does so, why?

While billy is a good survival hunter He hasn't had the time and experience in Marks as Hes had with survival, I have seen this in person many times, just because the potential dps is higher in spec one does not mean you will do more by raiding in that spec.
So in case you're wondering, this Billy guy describes me pretty well. when I started raiding ICC on a regular basis I was Surv, but wanting to pursue the armor pen hard cap i decided to go Marks. When I made the switch I was doing less dps in Marks, and just like lil "billy" it was because I didn't have the experience.

Long story short, if you want to be doing the most dps you can be doing you need to be raiding in the spec that you can do the most dps in.

Just note not to take what I have said to the extreme and think that because you can do more in lets say, BM then in Marks that you should never touch Marks again.

In my opinion I think that almost everyone should be able to do more dps in Marks if they take the time to properly learn how to play the spec.

Thats all for now, till next time.....
I'm Wowsa and don't forget to pop your flask.

2 Response to "Battle of the specs"

  1. Brigwyn says:

    I just wanted to let you konw I really liked this post! And that so far so good!

    You remind me of a young Euripides of OutDPS when he started blogging. It's good to know that there is hope for the future of WoW Hunter Bloggers!

    Wowsa says:

    thank you very much :D

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger